To Ella…I am the mum who…
- hates pregnancy – I wish I could glow throughout it and enjoy every minute, but I don’t!!
- but loves being a mum – but those 9 months are so worth it for what you get at the end!
- kind of enjoyed giving birth to you – it was very painful, but only took 12 hours and I managed most of it without any pain relief, just a bit of gas and air in the last hour.
- secretly wanted a girl – you shouldn’t have a preference, but gun to my head I’d have gone for girl. And a girl you were! This time I have zero preference at all!!
- had to give up breastfeeding you – my milk never really came in and I had low supply. I managed three months before my breastfeeding journey came to an end.
- did baby-led weaning – you took to food straight away and are still a great eater!
- Googles stuff – I can’t help it! Any symptoms, sleep difficulties, problems with eating, whatever it may be, I get on Google. And, with a lot of issues, it’s really helped!
- feels like a ‘natural mother’ – motherhood feels like it fits me well. I don’t always know what you want, but I’m calm when that’s the case, and we figure it out together.
- likes routine – I like you to nap at the same time, for the same amount of time, and go to bed at the same time at night! I try to be more relaxed with it, but I know it works!!
- like my evenings to myself – and this is why I like routine! I love spending the day with you, but there’s lots I can’t do while you’re up, like work, blog, crochet, etc! So, I like to have my evenings to get stuff done!
- thinks you’re so beautiful! I could stare at you for ages, and marvel at the fact you’re mine and (with a bit of help from your dad!!) I made you!
- loves your developmental stages – I love seeing you grow and develop and to see glimmers of the personality you will have as you grow older. And it’s great to start having conversations with you!
- can’t wait to give you a sibling (currently overdue!)! I know it’s going to suit you so much to have another kid round the house. And I can’t wait for your excited face when you get to meet the baby for the first time!
Thanks Siobhan from This is Me for the tag. I tag the following to share their ‘I am the mum who’ posts: